Chart Your Career Course with Maritime Support Leasing
Welcome to Maritime Support Leasing, located in the vibrant coastal city of San Diego! We are dedicated to helping individuals like you chart a course to a rewarding career in the maritime industry. At MSL, we’re not just a company; we’re a tight-knit community of professionals passionate about all things maritime. As a part of our team, you’ll have the chance to grow and thrive in an environment where innovation, expertise, and collaboration are at the forefront. If you’re ready to embark on an exciting journey in a dynamic and forward-thinking organization, explore the incredible career opportunities waiting for you at Maritime Support Leasing. Join us in making waves and be a part of something extraordinary!
Maritime Support Leasing, a prominent provider of maritime solutions, is seeking dedicated and skilled Marine Technicians to join our growing team in San Diego, CA. We specialize in maintaining and leasing a diverse fleet of prior USN & USCG vessels to government agencies. If you are a retired US Coast Guard MK with a passion for marine technology, this opportunity is tailor-made for you. We are looking for someone who not only fits the role but can grow with us.
Pay range is $70k-$100k depending on experience & certifications. Benefits include paid vacation and flexible hours!
Position: Marine Technician (Preferably US Coast Guard MK)
Location: San Diego, CA
- Manage and maintain our fleet of USCG and US Navy vessels
- Conduct regular inspections, diagnostics, and repairs
- Collaborate with the team to ensure vessels meet safety and performance standards
- Record daily activities, updates, and inventory management in cloud based system
- Utilize expertise in Honda, Cummins, Yanmar engines (certifications preferred)
- Proficiency in marine electronics systems
- Experienced with marine diesel inboards and gasoline outboards; Honda, Cummins certified is a plus
- Proficient in all aspects of small boat operation, trailering, launching, and recovering
- Knowledge of marine mechanical repair trade, preventive maintenance, electric, hydraulic, cooling, and electronic ignition systems
- Skilled in using various hand and shop tools and technical equipment
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications
- Familiarity with RBS 25’ Defender by Safeboats is a plus
- Basic knowledge of marine paint and preparations
- Ability to work flexible hours, occasionally on weekends
- Capable of delivering, recovering, and maintaining vessels, including oil changes and lower unit services
- Able to handle vessel towing, launching, recovering,
- Maintain excellent relationships with vendors and clients
- Intermediate understanding of wiring components, electrical systems, and generator maintenance
- Responsible for keeping accurate maintenance records
- Must be able to pass shipyard facilities background check and acquire TWIC card within first 90 days of employment
- Willingness to travel in the future
- All other duties as assigned.
- Retired US Coast Guard MK preferred
- Honda, Cummins, Yanmar certifications are advantageous
- Strong proficiency in marine electronics
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Pay range of $70k-$100k depending on experience & certifications
- Yearly bonuses
- Paid vacations, flexible hours
How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to send their resume, location, list of marine certificates, earliest availability, and contact information to Frank@maritimesupportleasing.com. Please include “Marine Technician Application – San Diego” in the email subject line. You may also submit your resume below.
At Maritime Support Leasing, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Maritime Support Leasing is an equal opportunity employer.